What to Do After You Wreck Your Car – Angie’s List – Tuesday, March 10, 2015
- Stay calm
- Document the incident – take pictures of the scene
- Share information with insurance agent
- Don’t be pressured into accepting responsibility for the accident
- Don’t sign anything at the scene unless the police are asking
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the other party
Some people wonder what to do if the other party flees the scene. It is most important that you try to get their car make, model, and color. Additionally, a license plate number would benefit greatly in the investigation if you can get it.
If the scene isn’t well lit, or you feel threatened in any way, you should stay in your car. Your safety is the priority.