Seared Shrimp Puttanesca and Butternut Squash Linguine with Chef Robbie Jester of Stone Balloon Ale House
After beating Bobby Flay, he’s back!
In the DelmarvaLife kitchen, we have executive chef Robbie Jester of Stone Balloon Ale House showing us how to make another yummy recipe. If you like the sound of seared shrimp puttanesca with butternut squash linguine, make sure to tune in! He shares with us some information about his new healthy home delivery business and a BBQ restaurant he has in the making.
He also informs us of the 5k he’s holding to raise money for a scholarship for one lucky student to attend The Culinary Institute of America. The Beat Robbie Jester 5k will be held April 8th in Newark, Delaware at 9 am. If you’d like to purchase tickets and join in on the fun, you can do so here! You won’t wanna miss this!
Seared Shrimp Puttanesca With Butternut Squash Linguine
- 6 ounces shrimp
- 8 ounces Butternut Squash Noodles
- 1 large shallot small diced
- 8 fl oz home made tomato sauce
- 1 T Kalamata Olives
- 1 Tsp Capers
- 2 T EVOO
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- .25 Tsp Chili Flakes
- 5 Leaves Basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat a medium to large sized saute pan on medium high heat.
2. Once the pan is hot add the EVOO. Allow the oil a moment to heat through and then add the shrimp. We want the shrimp to cook and brown on one side as the browning helps create flavor.
3. Once well seared, flip the shrimp using tongs or a spoon and allow them to cook on the opposite side.
4. Once the shrimp are seared but before they are completely cooked, remove the shrimp to a plate where they will rest while we build the sauce.
5. In the same pan saute the shallots and garlic. Saute the garlic and shallots until translucent and the edges of the garlic begin to brown.
6. Add the olives, capers, and butternut squash noodles.
7. Saute for a moment and add the tomato sauce.
8. Reduce the heat to a simmer and allow the noodles to cook for about 6 minutes.
9. Once they are cooked toss in the shrimp and allow them to finish cooking, about 2 minutes.
10. Taste and Season with Salt and Pepper. Just before plating, toss in the fresh basil.
11. Place the noodles on the plate first using tongs with the shrimp and sauce on top.