Seared Halibut and Sweet Potato Souffle with Dogfish Head Brewings and Eats: DelmarvaLife Facebook Live Recipes – Oct. 10, 2017
On our Facebook Live show today, we got to taste two menu items that will be featured on Dogfish Head Brewings and Eats menu which will be launched later this week.
Chef Zach Dick with Dogfish Head Brewings and Eats shows us how to make seared halibut and a sweet potato souffle.
Zach also told us about new specials they have going on, including their weekend silent auctions.
Tuesdays & Thursdays –
- Basic Burgers & Pizzas- $8
- Specialty Burgers & Pizzas – $10
- Tuesday: Feature Burger & Thursday: Feature Pizza – $10 (Chef’s Choice) Starting at 4 pm
Delmarva Nights that benefit Beer & Benevolence non-profits – local artists performing
Starts Oct 11 – 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the month -10% to non-profits – 5-9 pm
Monday Night Pick 6
Every Monday throughout football season –
- Screening the game on their 20 ft high-definition screen, as well as featuring $6 food specials all night long
- Those dining at the brewpub during a Pick 6 will receive $10 off their next visit to Brewings & Eats or Chesapeake & Maine
Every Friday –
- $15 per person & $10 children
- Delicately fried seafood with accompanying sides served family style. Changes weekly according to seasonal availability. Platters built to order.
Spirited Dinner Series
- Kick off of every other month 3 course ($40) spirited dinner. Theme: “Seafood & Spirits”– Using seafood, drink pairings w/ Mellowdious Gin & SeaQuench, Graham, and Chesapeake Bay and Maine fishermen to talk to tables
Brewings & Eats Auction at the Fire Dept
- Stop by the Rehoboth Beach Fire Department, Station 86 (219 Rehoboth Ave, Rehoboth Beach, DE), from 10am-6pm every Saturday and Sunday in October to participate in a silent auction of beloved items from the original Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats.
- Classic, off-centered fixtures like hand carved dogfish shark tap handles, the replica barrel booth fit-out used in the design and creation of the new booths at the current pub, tables and chairs, and cozy light fixtures will be available for silent bidding.
Check out the recipes for the dishes we made today below:
- ½ Stick of Pepperoni (ground up)
- ½ C Brunoises shallots
- ¼ C Minced Garlic
- 3 C Olive Oil
- 1 C Apple Cider vinegar
- 2 T Minced Thyme
- Sweat pepperoni in medium size pot until pepperoni is starting to crisp up.
- Add Shallots, Garlic, thyme and cook until shallots are translucent.
- Deglaze with Apple Cider Vinegar and add olive oil.
- Bring to light simmer then turn off the heat.
- Season with Salt & Pepper
Sun Choke Puree
- 2# Sun choke (Peeled)
- 5 Sprigs Thyme
- 4 C Water
- ¼ C Milk
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper corn
- 1-2 C Heavy Cream
- Place Peeled Sun choke, Water, Thyme, Pepper corn and milk in a pot. Simmer until sun choke is fork tender.
- Place cooked sun choke in blender with salt and slowly add the cream.
- Puree until thick and smooth.
Sweet Potato “Souffle”
- 4 medium size sweet potatoes
- 1 Whole Egg
- 3 Egg yolks
- ¼ C Sweeten condensed Milk
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- Pre Heat oven to 385.
- Place potatoes on sheet trey and place in oven. Cook potatoes for 24 Minutes at 385 then turn the oven down to 325 and cook for another 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- Scoop out the sweet potato out of the skin and place in a mixer with eggs, condensed Milk, vanilla and salt. Whip until smooth.
- Pour sweet potato mixer in oven safe dish and back at 400 15-20 Minutes
Sweet Potato Butter
- 1 # Butter
- 2 C Brown Sugar
- 1 T Ground Cinniamon
- 1 T ground Ginger
- ½ T Clove
- ½ T All spice
- 1 C toasted Oatmeal
- Place everything in mixer and mix until incorporated.