State Farm on Burglary Prevention – Monday, November 9, 2015
- Trim trees and shrubs around windows and doors. The less cover you give to burglars the better.
- Don’t leave tools or ladders in your yard. Burglars may use them to gain access into your home.
- When you’re home, park your cars in the garage and close the garage door.
- Don’t let daily deliveries pile up while you’re away. Cancel newspaper delivery and ask your local post office
to hold your mail for you.
- Lower the volume of your telephone. A loud, unanswered phone can be a tip-off that you’re not home.
- Don’t share your travel itinerary on social media.