- Trim trees and shrubs around windows and doors. The less cover you give to burglars the better.
- Don’t leave tools or ladders in your yard. Burglars may use them to gain access into your home.
- When you’re home, park your cars in the garage and close the garage door.
- Don’t let daily deliveries pile up while you’re away. Cancel newspaper delivery and ask your local post office
to hold your mail for you.
- Lower the volume of your telephone. A loud, unanswered phone can be a tip-off that you’re not home.
- Don’t share your travel itinerary on social media.
About Annie Hearn
Annie has been with WBOC since March 2008. Prior to her time at the television station, Annie spent 4 ½ years at 1450 WILM Newsradio in New Castle, DE as a general assignment reporter, legislative correspondent, and morning co-anchor. She was also an Adjunct instructor at Wilmington University. Annie has a Bachelor's degree from University of Delaware. She majored in English with a concentration in Journalism. Annie won a national Edward R. Murrow award in 2006. Check out all stories by Annie.
You also might be interested in
Angie Hicks, from Angie’s List, gives us some helpful tips[...]
Seaford’s Greg Brittingham joins us on the DelmarvaLife stage for[...]
WBOC’s Charles Paparella is old enough to remember when clouds[...]