Red Velvet Cupcakes with Buttercream Icing, Garnished with a Mini Funnel Cake: DelmarvaLife Facebook Live Shopping List – July 25, 2017
We’re baking some sweet goodies in the DelmarvaLife kitchen for our Facebook Live Show today!
Savannah Spotz, owner of Sweet Spotz Bakery, joins us in the studio to make red velvet cupcakes with semi-sweet buttercream icing, garnished with a mini funnel cake because the Delaware State Fair is taking place this week so we’re tying everything together!
We cannot wait to make this sweet treat with Savannah! Be sure to like and follow DelmarvaLife on Facebook so you will get a notification when we go live at 2 pm.
Here is the ingredient list so you bake along with us, or so you can make these cupcakes this weekend!
Red Velvet Cupcake Ingredients:
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbs. unsweet cocoa powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 oz. red food coloring
Semi-Sweet Buttercream Icing Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup meringue powder
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- 1 1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 3 tbs. light corn syrup
- imitation almond extract
- imitation clear vanilla extract
- imitation clear butter flavor
Mini Funnel Cake Garnish Ingredients:
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (for topping)