The variety of food we have the pleasure of making, and then eating, in the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen is huge.
Chef Christian Costantino of Just Hooked in Fenwick Island is making two dishes packed with a huge variety of flavors.
We’re making Shichimi Encrusted Tuna over red colusari rice with spring onion ponzu, sugar snap peas, broccoli, gocgujang fennel kimchi, and sesame seeds and pan seared scallops with almond hummus, warm tomato salad, arugula, olive tapenade, and puffed chickpeas.
Shichimi Encrusted Tuna
- ½ cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup red rice
- 4 tbl ponzu
- ¼ cup fennel kimchi
- Bring 3 quarts of seasoned water to a boil. Add you red rice and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Strain rice from water and rinse with cold water
- Bring medium saute pan to high heat with blended oil.
- Add broccoli and allow to cook and form a char.
- Add sugar snap peas and rice and toss, cook for 1 minutes
- Add ponzu and toss until incorporated.
- In separate saute pan bring blended oil to high heat. Season tuna with shichimi and salt and place in hot pan. Cook for 45 seconds on each side
- Slice tuna and plate on top of rice. Garnish with fennel kimchi
Pan Seared Scallops
- 1 lbs 10/20 scallops
- Bring saute pan to high heat with blended oil. Season scallops on both sides with salt and place in saute pan. Allow scallops to cook for 2 minutes without being moved. This is important to allow the scallops to caramelize. After 2 minutes turn scallops and add butter to finish. Remove from heat.
- In separate pan bring blended oil to high heat. Add you tomato salad to pan and toss with salt. Add arugula and toss for 30 seconds or just enough to allow the arugula to begin to wilt.
- On the bottom of your plate put a large smear of hummus. Then plate your arugula and tomato salad on top. Place scallops on top of tomato salad and garnish with olive tapenade and crispy chickpeas.