Seared Steak and Quail Eggs with Market Street Inn
If you’ve ever spent any time in downtown Salisbury, you’ve probably heard of Market Street Inn.
They’re known for serving gourmet food with a casual, local twist. Phil Hitch from the Market Street Inn in Salisbury is here, helping us put together Seared Steak with Quail Eggs.
Seared Steak With Quail Eggs
- Center Cut Filet Mignon
- Thinly Sliced Prosciutto
- 2 Quail Eggs
Sweet Onion and Tomato Jam Ingredients:
- 1/2 Pint of Grape Tomatoes
- 2 cups of whole peeled tomatoes (seeded and sliced
- 1 small Onion
- 8oz Minced Garlic
- 8oz Tomato Juice
- 4oz Port Wine
- 1 1/2 Cups of Granulated Sugar
- Pinch of Salt and Coarse Black Pepper
- Sear steak and remove from pan
- Add a pinch of garlic to same pan. Add peeled tomatoes, grape tomatoes, and tomato juice.
- Add port wine, sugar, and caramelize. Will reduce for 15-20 minutes until it is the consistency of a jam.
- Add oil to pan and let the oil get very warm. Crack quail egg into pan and fry sunny side up.
- Put spinach, beans, salt and pepper into a pan and let the spinach wilt.
- Put spinach and bean mixture onto plate first. Place steak on the bed of spinach. Add tomato jam and then the quail egg on top. Add crispy prosciutto on side.