Roasted Cauliflower Soup and Indonesian Rice Pudding with Chef Gretchen Hanson of Hobo’s
- Head of cauliflower broken into florettes
- One onion caramelized
- 1 cup half-and-hall or one cup cashew cream for dairy free version
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Pinch of sea salt
- pinch of white pepper
- Olive oil
- Grated cheddar about a half a cup
Break cauliflower into florettes toss with olive oil and put in high heat oven about 450 for 30 minutes turning frequently until sides are browned and caramelized. Dice one yellow onion caramelize with all of oil in a pan until golden brown. Put cauliflower and onion in food processor to pulse for a rough purée. Return to heat, Whisk vegetable stock and half-and-half into purée. Season according to Taste.
Top with toasted baguette and grated cheddar.
Indonesian rice pudding
- 2 cups steamed sushi rice
- One and a half cups dried fruit
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- Three cinnamon sticks
- 12 cloves
- 12 star anise
- Qt organic half-and-half or cashew cream for dairy free version – Plus more to add as liquid evaporates
Bring one qt organic half-and-half to a simmer with 1/2 cup of Jaggery Powder. Add three hole cinnamon sticks 12 Cloves and 12 star anise. Let simmer for 20 minutes remove spices with a sieve. Roughly chop one cup of dried fruit and add to liquid. Add 2 cups steamed sushi rice.