Red, White and Blue Pasta Salad and Patriotic Punch with DelmarvaLife’s Brittany Siegel
DelmarvaLife’s Brittany Siegel taught us a couple of patriotic recipes that would be fun to do with the kids.
Red, White and Blue Pasta Salad
- 16 oz. pasta of your choice, I used rotini
- 2 gallon-sized zipper bags
- Red food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- 16 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced/cubed
- three different kid-friendly juices/drinks in red, white and blue. Any drinks you think would taste good together.
- look at the different sugar contents per ounce. The larger the sugar difference, the better the drink will layer
- start by filling your glass about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way up with the drink with the highest sugar content (red)
- fill the cup entirely with ice
- pour the drink with the next highest sugar content *very slowly over the ice
- repeat with the last layer
- you can make a cute straw with some licorice by snipping the ends off!