Grapefruit Sorbet with Chef Hari from a(Muse.) Restaurant
- 350 g simple syrup (1:1 ratio with a touch of salt)
- 15 g light corn syrup
- 8 g sorbet stabilizer
- 550 g grapefruit juice
- 1 g salt
- 4 g ground grains of paradise
- bitters mousee
- o 300g heavy cream
- o 100 g milk
- o 200 g TSTE powdered honey
- o 60 g bitters
- o to assemble and serve: grapefruit supremes
- Pour heavy cream, milk, powdered honey, and bitters into an ISI whipper, screw cap on and shake vigorously for 1 minute. Charge with 1 nitrous and shake vigorously for one more minute. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Combine simple syrup, corn syrup, and stabilizer to pot. Bring to boil.
- Pour syrup mixture into a blender along with grapefruit juice and salt.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes. Pour into a bowl set over an ice water bath.
- Once chilled, pour into an ice cream machine and process according to manufacturers instructions..
- To assemble and serve:
- o Put grapefruit supremes in a bowl.
- o Shake ISI canister. Dispense 6 dollops of bitters mousse of various sizes in the bowl.
- o Scoop or quenelle grapefruit sorbet and place in center of bowl.