We’re having some Easter fun in the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen.
Chef Steve Konopelski from Turnbridge Point in Denton shows us how to make edible Easter crafts.
- ¼ Cup (50g) liquid egg whites
- ¼ Cup plus 2 Tbsp (75g) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ Cup (150g) flaked sweetened coconut
- Dash vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Stir sugar and egg whites together until combined and sugar has begun to dissolve. Add vanilla and salt. Stir to combine. Stir in the coconut just until moistened.
- Scoop batter using a cookie scoop or spoonfuls and place on a silicone mat lined baking pan. Bake macaroons in preheated 300°F oven until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from pan. Bottoms may be dipped in melted chocolate.
- To make macaroon nest, make a thumb print in the center of the scooped cookie prior to baking. Once cooled, fill the cavity with melted chocolate and place 3 chocolate eggs or candy of choice inside the nest, allowing the chocolate to firm up.