Chef Denise Clemons joins us in the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen.
Denise is putting together two tasty appetizers for the big game – crab canapés and ham & cheese pesto roll-ups.
- 1 C mayonnaise
- 1 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 C fresh crabmeat
- 1 loaf cocktail bread
- chives, for garnish
- Preheat broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and Parmesan until combined.
- Gently fold in crab meat.
- Mound a generous tablespoon of crab mixture onto slices of cocktail bread.
- Arrange slices in a single layer on prepared baking pan.
- Place under broiler until hot and bubbly, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chives.
Ham & Cheese Pesto Roll-ups
- 4 sun-dried-tomato soft tortilla shells
- 1/2 C pesto
- 1/4 C whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 lb thin-sliced ham
- 4 oz grated cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine pesto and cream cheese, blending until smooth.
- Place one tortilla shall on a piece of waxed paper.
- Spread with pesto mixture to completely coat the tortilla with an even layer.
- Top with a single layer of ham and follow with a layer of cheese.
- Roll tightly into a cylinder. If not serving immediately, wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap and cut into one-inch pinwheels.
- Arrange on a platter with miniature pickles and pitted olives.