BBQ Leftover Recipes & Fruit Pizza with Chef Anthony Zarrello
Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef or Turkey
- 3 C. Velveeta Cheese Cubed
- 10 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 6 oz. Package of Real Bacon Bits, Divided
- 1 t. Dried Parsley
- Assorted dippers
- Chop leftover burger patties and place in a large skillet.
- Over low heat, stir in cheeses, tomatoes along with their juices and all of the bacon bits except for 2 tablespoons (set these aside for garnish at the end)
- Cook while stirring frequently until everything is heated through and blended well.
- Pour mixture into a 2-quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits just before serving
Pulled BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Leftover BBQ Chicken (with or without bone)
- 2 C. BBQ Sauce (Homemade or store brand)
- Mini Burger Buns or Leftover Hot Dog Cut into Halfs
- Pinch of Crushed Red Peppers
1. While chicken is cold, remove any bones and skin.
2. Place chicken in bowl and with two forks separate the meat into strips.
3. In crock pot or stove top pot place shredded chicken with BBQ sauce and crushed red peppers.
4. Cook on low heat starring occasionally for 45 min or until 140*F
5. Serve on Mini burger buns or leftover hot dog or burger buns
Notes: For extra flavor top with coleslaw!
4-5 Fresh Baked Sugar Cookies
Cream Cheese Whipped Icing
Leftover Fruit (Strawberry, Blueberry, Kiwi, Grapes, etc.) Finely Chopped
1. Ice the tops of the sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting
2. Top with favorite fruits or any leftover fruits from that family BBQ
3. Cut into fours and enjoy!