Almond Milk & Honey Panna Cotta, Fresh Berries, Basil
- 1 Quart Almond Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Local Honey
- 1 Vanilla Bean, scraped (use 1 teaspoon vanilla extract as a substitute if fresh vanilla bean is unavailable)
- 6 Gelatin sheets, bloomed
- Selection of Fresh Berries, Mint and Basil
- 1 Cup Almonds, toasted 5 minutes in a 400 degree oven
-Set the gelatin sheets in a bowl of ice water until they are soft, now the gelatin is bloomed
-In a pot, simmer ½ of the almond milk, vanilla bean, honey and bloomed gelatin. Once this has simmered and all of the flavors are well incorporated, pull this mixture off the heat. Add the reserved almond milk to the mix. Pour the panna cotta mix into your desired serving dishes. Place in the refrigerator for several hours until the panna cotta is fully set.
-To serve, garnish the top of the panna cotta with fresh berries, toasted almonds and sweet herbs like basil and mint. Enjoy!
Bartlett Pear Inn
28 South Harrison Street
Easton, MD 21601