Philadelphia Underdog Dip with Lewes Irish Eyes
Our chef in the DelmarvaLife kitchen is a bit of a Philadelphia fan – hence the name of this recipe.
Banquet Chef at Irish Eyes in Lewes, Bob Cirelli is making Philadelphia Underdog Dip.
- 1 red pepper (small diced), 1 green bell pepper (small diced) and one small onion (small diced), saute in 2 tablespoons of canola oil until tender
- Remove peppers and onion from pan
- Add 1 tablespoon of canola oil to sauté pan
- Add 2 pounds of Italian sausage (mild or hot) chopped
- When sausage is browned, add 1 pound of shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped (21/25), and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add the pre-cooked peppers and onions, and 32 ounces of Philadelphia cream cheese, (preheat in microwave)
- Lower heat in pan and stir in the cream cheese until creamy
- Add 2 tablespoons of Creole or Cajun seasoning
- Ready to serve. Serve with sliced crusty sourdough bread or Ciabatta bread