Oyster Stew, Rockfish, and Cocktails with Bluecoast: DelmarvaLife Facebook Live Recipes – March 7, 2018
We’re getting an oyster shucking lesson!
We’re making oyster stew, rockfish served over sauteed garlic spinach, and dessert with Chef Charlie. We will also be serving up some drinks with Bartender Lauren. We’re making a grapefruit martini, a pineapple martini, and a black cherry old fusion. Lauren with Bluecoast will also be showing us how to make fruit infused vodka!
Chef Charlie also tells us about the oyster program – Don’t Chuck Your Shuck. It’s a program with the Delaware Center for the Inland Bays which supports crab and fish populations. They use recycled shells to create reefs that provide shelter, food for fish and crabs, and help stabilize living shorelines and prevent erosion. Did you know one oyster can filter up to fifty gallons daily? Oyster shells are so important! Read more about this program here.
- Half Stick of celery (sliced on a bias)
- Half a medium shallot (Julienne)
- 1 cup cream
- 2 Tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 dashes of Tabasco
- 2 dashes Worcestershire
- pinch of celery seed
- pinch of parsley
- salt/pepper to taster
- oyster crackers
- Saute shallots and celery with a little bit of oil
- Add your sherry to deglaze the pan, and then add your cream, Tabasco, and Worcestershire
- Add your salt, pepper, and celery seed
- pinch of parsley add the end
- top with oyster crackers
- Allow saute pan to get hot
- Season both skin side and flesh site with salt and pepper
- Add oil to pan once pan is hot, allow oil to get hot.
- Place Rockfish skin side down (meat side up) in pan
- Once skin is crispy, flip the fish
- Add butter to the pan and baste the fish with the butter as the fish is still cooking. Basting the fish allows the skin to continue getting crispy and also helps cook the fish.
- Add desire herbs to the pan ( I will be using thyme), and lemon. Lemon brings out the sweetness of rockfish.
- Cook through
- Allow pan to get hot and add oil (or garlic oil if available) I will be using garlic oil.
- Add handful of Saute spinach to the pan and constantly be moving the spinach around. Will cook quickly
- Add salt and pepper to taste and more garlic to desire taste of garlic.
- Once the spinach is wilted/ cooked, serve it.
- 2oz conti prosecco
- 3 oz citron vodka
- 1 1/2 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 5 oz pineapple infused vodka
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 1 piece vodka soaked pineapple
Black Cherry Old Fashion
- 1 orange slice
- 1 cherry
- 3 oz bourbon
- 1/2 oz Matt’s black cherry soda
Bartender Lauren also talks about the wine partnership they have with Conti Prosecco. She also teaches us how to make pineapple infused vodka!