Oyster Jam and Brew Festival Takes Place Saturday, Nov. 4
“This is our annual fundraiser and we’re hoping everyone has a good time, enjoys the oysters and gets to learn about Phillips Wharf,” said Kelley Cox, the organization’s director. “We’re a hidden treasure.”
The event will give attendees the chance to taste oysters from all over the state of Maryland, the Chesapeake Bay and its estuaries. Oysters will be both farm-raised and wild-caught, and served raw, fried, steamed, in stew and in other select dishes from local restaurants.
Cox said Awful Arthur’s, a restaurant in St. Michaels, served grilled oysters during the event last year.
Oyster Jam raises money to support the organization’s education center, which teaches kids in kindergarten through grade 12 about the Chesapeake Bay.
Cox said this year’s festival is expected to draw more than 300 people.
There will be seven craft breweries providing 14 different beers for sampling. Live entertainment includes Bird Dog & The Road Kings. Shuttle service will be running from the park and ride locations in both Easton and St. Michaels to Tilgman for an extra cost. The service can be requested upon check-out when purchasing a ticket.
Tickets are available online with two pricing options. The basic ticket package costs $30, including admission, a complimentary pint glass and 10 oyster bucks to spend at any serving venue. The deluxe ticket package varies to include 25 oyster bucks in addition to admission and a pint glass.
Cox said each oyster buck is worth a dollar, granting a raw ‘shuck for a buck.’ Other items may differ in cost but do not exceed $4 per item.
Oyster Jam is permitted for persons 21 or older.
The event is hosted by the Phillips Wharf Environmental Center and is located at 6129 Tilghman Island Rd. in Tilghman, Md. For more information view the event website or call 410-886-9200.
Oyster Jam Line Up:
- Phillips Wharf Environmental Center
- Hoopers Island Oysters- Chesapeake Gold
- Honga Oyster- Hongatonk
- Harris Creek Oyster Co.
- Choptank Oyster Company- Choptank Sweets
- Hollywood Oyster Company- Hollywood
- 38Degrees North
- Wild Divers Oyster Company – Derek L. Wilson & Nick Hargrove
- Talbot Watermen’s Association- Jeff Harrison
- Eastern Shore Brewing
- Evolution Craft Brewing Company
- Fordham and Dominion Brewing
- Devils Backbone Brewing Company
- Bold Rock Cidery
- RAR Brewing
- Blue Earl Brewing Company
- Tim Miller -National Premium Beer/ Wild Goose Brewer
- Brewhouse No. 16
- Chesapeake Landing Restaurant, Good Times Crab House & Crab Feast Catering
- Awful Arthur’s St. Michaels Maryland
- Foxy’s Harbor Grille
- G.L. Fronk