Organization Hacks and 5 DIY Projects in 5 Minutes
January is National Organization Month so we thought we would offer you some great organization hacks from the kitchen to the bedroom and bathroom.
Lisa shares some organization hacks that she found online and uses in her own home.
- Magazine holder for sandwich bags, aluminum foil and other wraps
- File organizer for cookie sheets and cutting boards
- Ice cube tray for earrings
- Keep sheets organized by storing them in their corresponding pillow case
- Coat hangers and curtain rods help organize belts and scarves in your closet
- Use an old eyeglass case to store makeup brushes
- Fill a small vase with coffee beans and stick your make up brushes in it
- Hook hair ties to a carabiner
We have a few more DIY’s that take less than one minute to complete.
WBOC Multimedia Journalist, Lauren Holloway, has five one-minute DIY projects so we set the timer and she puts together unique stationary, a glitter mason jar, painted car keys, wine cork jewelry bar holder, and a photo display.
1.) DIY stationary – dip lemon into ink/paint, press on paper for personalized stationary
2.) DIY glitter mason jar – brush mod podge on mason jar, dip mason jar into glitter/paint to personalize jar
3.) Painted car key – paint car keys with nail polish to make them more identifiable
4.) Wine cork jewelry holder – hot glue wine corks together, screw in hooks, hang jewelry
5.) Photo display – a rod, twine and some photos is all you need for this cute little wall hanging