No-Sew Watermelon Wreath with DelmarvaLife’s Brittany Siegel
DelmarvaLife’s Brittany Siegel found an idea for a no-sew watermelon wreath on Pinterest and with a few tweaks, shared her final creation.
Here’s what you need:
- 3/4 Yard or 4 Sheets of Pink or Hot Pink Crafting Felt (9″ by 12″)
- 1/2 Yard, or 3 to 4 Sheets of Dark Green Crafting Felt
- One Sheet of Light Green Felt
- One Sheet of Black Felt
- 12 inch Foam Wreath
- Fabric or Felt Glue
- Twine and/or Wreath Hook to Hang
- Cut the pink, dark green and light green felt into strips that are one inch by 12 inches long. You should have 28-30 pink strips, 18-20 dark green strips, and 8 to 10 light green strips.
- Starting with the hot pink strips, wrap the felt around the foam wreath, tying with double knots. Stagger the knots around the wreath so there are no gaps.
- Once you have tied pink felt halfway around the wreath, switch to the green felt.
- Alterate two pieces of dark green felt with one piece of light green felt for the bottom half of the wreath.
- Cut a handful of “seed shapes” from the black piece of felt. Using the fabric or foam glue, place the “seeds” at random on the pink portion.
- Finish it off by tying twine and using a wreath hook!
Craft stores sell the foam wreaths in all different sizes. If you opt for a larger, 16-inch wreath, make sure you purchase felt in yards so you can cut the pieces two inches wide by 18 inches long.