102.5 WBOC’s Corey Phoebus is in the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen making no-bake peanut butter oat bars.
And they’re pretty versatile. They can be vegan, or not. He found the recipe on the website “Serving Realness.” You can try it out for yourself below!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (unsalted)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Start by whisking the peanut butter and the maple syrup together in a saucepan over medium heat
- Once fragrant and thickened (less than 5 minutes), remove from heat and pour over the rolled oats
- Mix until nice and uniform
- Spread into a lined baking dish (I used 8×6) and press down firmly
- Finish by sprinkling on the chocolate chips, and press them lightly into the bars
- Chill in the fridge/freezer for 30 minutes to set
- Remove from dish, cut, and serve!