Mezzi Amatriciana with Ristorante Antipasti
Spaghetti is such a delicious, simple dinner idea.
But many of us just grab a can of our favorite sauce to pair with the pasta. However, Chef Fausto and Chef Paul with Ristorante Antipasti in Ocean City, Md. share a recipe with us in the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen that will have you wanting to make your own pasta sauce from here on out.
Fausto’s Amatriciana Sauce with Pasta
- 1/4 lbs. guanciale, diced
- 1 medium vidallia onion, sliced
- 1 24 oz. can Italian tomatoes, hand crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 lb. cooked spaghetti for four
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and saute onions until they are golden and cooked through.
- Add guanciale and cook until done.
- Add white wine and reduce.
- Add crushed tomatoes and bring to simmer.
- As the sauce is cooking, check if salt and pepper are needed and add hot pepper flakes if desired.
- Continue cooking slowly until tomato is cooked thoroughly and broken down into a complete sauce (approx. 30 minutes)
- Combine with pasta of choice and sprinkle with Parmesan.