Macarons: DelmarvaLife Facebook Live Recipe – May 31, 2017
We’re making macarons today!
Maria Drakos, owner of ‘A Little Pick Me Up’ in Ocean City, is a macaron expert. Maria makes cakes and many macaroons out of her home and hopes to open her own shop one day.
Check out ‘A Little Pick Me Up’ on Facebook. To contact Maria call 301-356-4257.
Be sure to like and follow DelmarvaLife’s Facebook to get notifications each time we are live.
Here is the recipe to make 12 macaroons:
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of ground almond flour
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Food color (optional)
- Beat the egg whites for about 30 sec
- Add 1/4 cup sugar slowly
- Increase the speed of the mixer to high and beat until stiff peaks (this is the time you add the food color as well)
- Once we have stiff peaks, sift the almonds and powder sugar and fold until well incorporated
- Place the batter into a piping bag and create shapes you want
- Let sit at room temperature to air dry, around 20-30 min.
- Bake 300 degrees F for 20 min.
- Remove and let it cool completely.