Macadamia Nut-Encrusted Halibut with Mad Fish Bar & Grill
We’re combining a few delicious flavors to make one hearty dish in the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen.
Executive Sous Chef Gains Hawkins from Mad Fish Bar and Grill in Ocean City shows us how to make a Macadamia Nut-Encrusted Halibut.
Macadamia Nut-Encrusted Halibut
- Halibut filet – 8 oz portion
- Macadamia Nut Topping:
- White rice (deep fried in oil) – ½ cup
- Macadamia nuts – ¼ cup
- Tortilla strips – ¼ cup
- Sriracha seasoning – 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper blend – 1 tsp
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until components are approximately the size of rice grains.
- Spray halibut with cooking spray and coat the top of the filet with the topping.
- Place on a baking pan and cook in oven at 450 degrees for 8-12 minutes (timing can change depending on the thickness of the filet).
Key Lime Beurre Blanc
- Heavy cream – 1 cup
- White wine – ¾ cup
- Key lime juice – 2 tbs
- Champagne vinegar – 1 tbs
- Sugar – ½ tbs
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Red onion (diced) – 1 tbs
- Culinary cream – ¼ cup
- Butter (softened, cubed) – ¼ lb
- Combine first seven ingredients in a sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Whisking occasionally, simmer and reduce the mixture for five minutes.
- Combine culinary cream and continue to simmer and reduce for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter while whisking constantly.