Lucky Black-Eyed Pea Dip with Chef Sharliena Berry
We’re starting the year off with some tasty food!
We’re in the DelmarvaLife kitchen, where chef Sharliena Berry will take the lead and show us how to whip up “Lucky Black-Eyed Pea Dip.”
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 Cup of sour cream
- 1 Whole Kielbasa Link Diced small
- 6 Pieces of bacon cooked and diced small
- 1 small 4.5 oz can of green peppers mild
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 small green pepper diced small
- 1/4 cup of sriracha
- 2 & 3/4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (reserve 1/4 cup
- for topping)
- 6 Stems of green onion diced (reserve 1 tablespoon for topping)
- 3 cups of cooked black-eyed peas
- In a medium frying pan cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon set aside. Add sausage to pan and cook until browned.
- In a large bowl add softened cream cheese, sour cream, green peppers, sriracha, and 2 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese. Mix until combined.
- Next, to the cream cheese mixture add bacon, sausage, green onions, corn, green peppers and black-eyed peas and combine.
- In an oven-safe glass bowl or pan add mixture and top with remaining cheese. Bake on 350 for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with green onions and serve with your favorite chips.