Local Farmers Market Salad Made with Items from Camden Ave. Farmers Market
It’s important to shop local and Chef Mark Salter shows us how to make a beautiful dish with items from a local farmers market.
Chef Salter, of the Robert Morris Inn in Oxford, Md. creates a culinary masterpiece using ingredients purchased from the Camden Ave. Farmers Market in Salisbury, Md.
Chef Salter makes a Farmers Market Salad. Here is the recipe:
- ½ cup diced apple smoked bacon
- 3 TBSP diced shallots
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 2 Cups farmers market wild mushrooms
- Fry apple smoked bacon in a non-stick pan until just cooked, add sliced wild mushrooms, followed by diced shallots and chopped garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- 1 cup local apple cider
- 3 TBSP chopped shallot
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 light olive oil
- Simmer apple cider and diced shallot until only ¼ cup remains.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl, add apple cider vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Slowly whisk in light olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 cup diced, peeled butternut squash
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method of preparation:
- Heat a small frying pan, add olive oil and diced butternut squash. Cook for one minute, add maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Poached egg
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 3 quarts of water
- ½ cup white vinegar
- Boil water and vinegar. Crack the eggs into the water and poach for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Farmers Market salad leaves, 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese, 4TBSP dried cranberries, 1/3 cup chopped Cashews