Learning All About Moveable Feast and How They’re Helping People with Life-Threatening Issues
Putting nutritious food on the table for people struggling with life-threatening issues is the goal of Movable Feast.
Find out how this mission is accomplished and the plans to expand it’s reach. Executive Chef Melanie Brown-lane of Moveable Feast sits down with us today. She’s also heading to the Kirby and Holloway kitchen making one of the many nutritious meals made in the Moveable Feast kitchen for clients.
- Mild Italian Chicken Sausage- 4lbs.
- Diced Chicken Breast- 2lbs.
- Spanish onion- 1 ¼ C
- Fresh Garlic- ½ C
- Diced Green Peppers- 3 ea.
- Diced Red Peppers- 2 ea.
- Diced Celery- ½ bunch
- Diced Tomatoes- 2 ½ C
- Diced Green Chiles- 1 ½ C
- Cajun Seasoning- TT
- Red Pepper Flakes- 1 ½ TBSP.
- Worcestershire Sauce- 3 TBSP.
- Brown Rice (Dry) 1 ½ QT.
- Low Sodium Chicken Base- 16 TBSP.
- Water- 2 qts.
- Moveable Feast’s Original Garlic Parsley Spice Blend- 1 C
1. Sautee chicken sausage and chicken breast until 165°; set
aside. Dice when cool enough to handle.
2. Sautee all vegetables, except tomatoes, in a 350° skillet
until crisp. Add cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes and spice
blend. Mix well into vegetables.
3. Add Worcestershire sauce and continue stirring.
4. Add brown rice; continue sautéing until rice begins to turn
5. Fold in diced tomatoes, diced chicken breast and chicken
6. Mix low sodium chicken base with water and blend into
7. Cover and cook for 35-40 minutes or until the rice is cooked.