In the Kitchen with Guiding Light Actor, Michael O’Leary, Making the Famous ‘Bauer Burger’
Many cast members of the CBS drama, Guiding Light, are in the studio so we thought it would be fun to make the famous “Bauer Burger.”
If you’ve ever seen the Guiding Light, you know what the Bauer BBQ and the Bauer Burger is all about.
- Get 2 lbs of ground sirloin, then mix in some garlic, pepper, salt and 3 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Make an even number of thin hamburger patties. (Be sure to make them very thin.)
- Chop up some onion and put it on top of the first patty. Then put a slice of American or mozzarella cheese on top. Grill some mushrooms and put them on top of the cheese. Cover the whole thing with another patty.
- Using a fork press down the edges of the patties so they are sealed
- Barbecue the double patties over a low flame until done. It takes more time to cook due to the thickness of the patties.