In the Kitchen with Chef Matthew Cornelius from Hooked Restaurant Making Summer Watermelon Salad with Jumbo Shrimp
We’re pairing shrimp and watermelon today in the DelmarvaLife kitchen!
Executive Matthew Cornelius from Hooked Restaurant in Ocean City making a summer watermelon salad with jumbo shrimp.
Check out all Hooked Restaurant Locations:
Hooked – Ocean City
Off the Hook – Bethany Beach
Just Hooked – Fenwick Island
Hooked Up Ale House & Raw Bar – Millville
Summer Watermelon Salad with Jumbo Shrimp
.25 lb basil (on the stem)
2 bunches flat leaf parsley
2 each orange zest
2 cups extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
1. Pick leaves off their stems.
2. Zest oranges.
3. Blend all ingredients using a stick blender.
1 tbl whole coriander seed
1 each cinnamon stick
1 each bay leaf
3 cups champagne vinegar
.25 cup honey
.25 cup sugar
1 tsp fennel seed
2 sprigs basil
1. Place all ingredients into medium sized sauce pot and bring to a boil.
2. Turn off pot and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
3. Strain through a fine meshed strainer.
1 each seedless watermelon (medium dice)
1 cup pinenuts (toasted)
1 cup dry aged gouda
1 cup gremolata
.25 cup sweet vinegar
1 oz peashoots
1 tbl Maldon sea salt
1. Remove all of the watermelon outer shell, leaving only the red
watermelon. Cut into small pieces.
2. Shave gouda using a vegetable peeler.
3. Combine all ingredients together, gently mix and enjoy !