Jersey Mike’s Locations on Delmarva Donate to Autism Delaware
For the past six years, Jersey Mike’s Subs has participated in “Month of Giving,” a fundraising campaign to give back to the community. Last year, the nationwide initiative raised more than $3 million for 150 local charities.
Since 2010, Jersey Mike’s has raised more than $14 million for local charities and has distributed more than 1.5 million free sub sandwiches to help numerous causes.
According to event organizers, the 2016 goal is $3.5 million for more than 180 local charities.
Autism Delaware was started in 1998 by a group of Delaware families who shared the common experience of autism. The group soon realized that by working together they could provide much needed service and support to Delaware’s autism community and have a much stronger voice. In 2010 Autism Delaware and the Lower Delaware Autism Foundation (founded in Sussex County) merged to create one, strong, united statewide organization.
Services and resources provided by Autism Delaware include:
- Information and referral
- Parent mentoring and support
- Family and teen social/recreational opportunities
- A newsletter, listserve, social media and website
- POW&R (Productive Opportunities for Work and Recreation) adult services — a nationally recognized best practice model
- Public awareness campaigns
- Financial assistance, including scholarships, community grants, stipends for conference and para-to-educator stipends
- Clinical Services including ADOS II and PCIT