Hawaiian-Style Poke Bowl with Hawaiian Bryan
With the winter weather Delmarva has experienced, perhaps you’re dreaming of a warm climate.
We recently got a taste of the tropics with “Hawaiian Bryan” Horikami, the owner of Hawaiian Bryan’s Aloha Shop in Salisbury. Bryan joined us in the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen to share his recipe for a Hawaiian-Style Poke Bowl, which he says, is a popular appetizer or main course in Hawaii.
Hawaiian Style Poke
- 1 pound of sashimi grade fish, cooked shrimp, or 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 2 Tbs. Hawaiian Sea Salt
- 2 Tbs. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs. Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Sweet Onions
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1/2 Cup Limu Seaweed or Seaweed Salad, if available
- Optional : Dash of Cayenne Pepper or Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tsp. Sesame Seeds to Garnish
- Cube fish into bite sized pieces and add to mixing bowl.
- Add salt, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Add sweet and green onions.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.