Greek Salad with Feta Vinaigrette with Tide and Thyme Food Blogger, Laura Davis
We’re in the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen with Tide and Thyme Food Blogger, Laura Davis.
She’s putting together a Greek Salad with Feta Vinaigrette. Check out Laura’s blog here.
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 cups mixed baby greens, rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Creamy Feta Vinaigrette (or your favorite Greek salad dressing)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 whole pepperocini peppers
- Roast the pepper over an open flame on a gas grill, or roast it in the broiler until the skin is nice and blistered on the outside – about 4 minutes per side. Once charred, place in a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes. This “steams” the pepper, and make the skin easier to peel off. Once cooled enough to touch, peel as much as the skin off as you can. Roughly chop the pepper into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine the lettuces, roasted pepper, onion, tomatoes, cucumber, and salad dressing in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle kalamata olives and crumbled feta cheese on top of the salad before serving. Garnish with pepperoncini peppers.