Gluten-Free Gnocchi with G Rehoboth
We’re putting a unique spin on a classic dish in the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen.
Chef Ross Thompson of G Rehoboth joins us to make gluten-free gnocchi!
Yield: 4 (6 oz) portions
- 1 pound peeled Russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- Peel and boil potatoes in enough water to cover 3 inches above potatoes. Boil until soft enough to make mashed potatoes.
- Put potatoes through a ricer (also known as a Foley Food Mill). Place the food milled potatoes in a mixing bowl. Add rest of the ingredients until combined into a dough.
- Put some corn starch on the table and divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece like making a long rope with play dough. Cut into desired length pieces.
- Portion into 6 oz portions and boil until they float. At this point, your gnocchi is ready to sauté and to be sauced.