Fried Chicken, Candy Yams and Green Beans with aBlazing Grace
What’s better than good old fashioned comfort food?
Owner/Chef Von Combs and Executive Chef Megan Roy of aBlazing Grace join us in the DelmarvaLife kitchen to make fried chicken, candy yams and green beans to fill us up with home cooking!
15 to 20 small/medium sized wings
Flour Recipe for chicken:
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of season salt (any brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 teaspoon of our aBlazing seasoning (secret ingredients)
- Season all wings with season salt and light pepper on both sides. (Do not season the wings heavy, you are preparing them for the flour before frying.)
- Coat each piece of chicken in the flour mix (listed below) evenly.
- Fry for 10-12 minutes at 325 degrees or until the internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165 degrees for 15 seconds.
6lbs of cut yam
- Put all yams in a aluminum pan.
- Pour the following ingredients over pan evenly
- 1/3 cup of Karo Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2-white sugar
- 1/4 -pure vanilla
- 3 tsp of nutmeg
- 3tsp of cinnamon
3. Bake yams in the oven for about 45 minutes covered.
4. Take off cover and bake until they brown.
6lbs of green beans
- Pour greens in small aluminum pan
- season with below ingredients
- 2 tsp of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of granulated garlic
3. Cut up 1 smoked turkey leg and place pieces on top of green beans.
4. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes.