Fresh Pan Seared New Jersey Dry Pack Sea Scallops with Mushroom Risotto and a Sweet Pea Lobster Cream Sauce: DelmarvaLife Facebook Live Recipes – Feb. 21, 2018
This warm weather has us thinking about summer…
So we thought we’d invite the Summerhouse to the DelmarvaLife kitchen for our Facebook Live Show! The Summerhose is opened year-round in Rehoboth Beach, Del.
Chef Marcus White joins us in the kitchen to make pan seared New Jersey Sea Scallops with mushroom risotto and a sweet pea lobster cream sauce.
We also learn about the weekly specials taking place at the Summerhouse such as taco night on Tuesdays, lobster night on Thursdays and brunch on Sundays. You can check out the weekly specials here.
To stay up-to-date with all the exciting things happening at the Summerhouse, check out their Facebook here.
- 2- tbls evoo
- 1/4 cup red onions
- 1 tbls garlic
- 1/2 lb shitaki mushroom
- 2 cups alborio rice or risotto
- 1 tbls fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups veal stock (2cups water and 1/2 cup veal demi)
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbls butter
- 1/2 cups parm cheese
- In a large sauté pan heat the oil add onions and garlic and cook for 3 three minutes add mushrooms and cook until are golden brown add risotto and thyme stir until grains are coated with the oil mixture.
- Add the wine and boil to evaporate the alcohol then begin adding the stock, one ladle at the time, and simmering until the grains have absorbed the liquid before adding the next ladle (don’t need to use all the stock) you want your risotto slightly firm, not mushy.
- Then add heavy cream, butter and parm cheese.
Lobster Pea Cream Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2oz lobster meat
- ¼-teaspoon paprika
- ½-teaspoon sugar
- ¼-teaspoon dry sherry
- Bring all of the ingredients to a boil and the puree.
Dry Pack Sea Scallops
- 2 lbs dry pack sea scallops
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- Turn on the burner and let the sauté pan get hot and then add canola oil, cook on each side unit scallops are golden brown.
- Then pull off the heat and rest.