FOX Fall Premieres and Amp’d Up TV Snacks: DelmarvaLife Facebook Live Show Recipes – Sept. 20, 2017
Today’s Facebook Live Show is a little different.
Rob Wilkinson with the promotions and the Creative Services team here at WBOC and I are going to show you a few previews of the upcoming FOX Fall premieres and show you how to “amp up” your typical TV/movie snacks.
We’re making an ectoplasm martini, #MutantsUnite popcorn, the ‘Future is Now’ dip, and Cookie’s Cookies.
Here is a list of the FOX Fall Premieres:
Gotham-Thursdays at 8
The Orville – Thursdays at 9
Lethal Weapon – Tuesdays at 8 starting 9/26
Brooklyn Nine-Nine – Tuesdays at 9 starting 9/26
The Mick – Tuesdays at 9:30 starting 9/26
Empire – Wednesdays at 8 starting 9/27
Star – Wednesdays at 9 starting 9/27
Hell’s Kitchen – Fridays at 8 starting 9/29
The Exorcist – Fridays at 9 starting 9/29
Bob’s Burgers – Sundays at 730 starting 10/1
the Simpsons – Sundays at 8 starting 10/1
Ghosted – Sundays at 8:30 starting 10/1
Family Guy – Sundays at 9 starting 10/1
Last Man on Earth – Sundays at 930 starting 10/1
Lucifer – Mondays at 8 starting 10/2
The Gifted – Mondays at 9 starting 10/2
Check out the recipes below so you can make these treats at home:
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 10 Minutes
- ○ 2 Boxes of golden cake mix
- ○ 4 Eggs
- ○ ¼ cup oil
- ○ 1 medium apple, diced very finely
- ○ ¼ cup butter, cold
- ○ ¼ cup brown sugar
- ○ ¼ cup sugar
- ○ ½ tsp cinnamon
- ○ ¼ cup flour
- ○ ⅓ cup large oats
- ○ 1 tbsp icing sugar
- ○ 1 tsp maple syrup
For the Cookies-
- Combine all ingredients until well mixed. Set in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes while you make your streusel.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and make your streusel.
- Combine all streusel ingredients until crumbly–if you squeeze some between your fingers it should be moist enough to hold together.
- Using a 1” cookie scoop or spoon, drop cookie dough about 1.5-2” apart on a baking sheet (I do 12 to a sheet). Using your fingers, press some of your streusel into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until just slightly golden at the edges and slightly puffed and dry in the center. They will sink down a bit as they cool, as long as they aren’t overbaked.
- Combine glaze ingredients if desired–the 1 tbsp to 1 tsp ratio will do about 3-4 cookies. I’ve given you a small enough ratio to work with so that you can double, triple or quadruple as desired if you wish! Drizzle over cooled cookies and let set (or stuff in your face immediately).
Total time: 13 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes
- 8 cups plain popcorn
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Pretzel twists
- For the Caramel:
- ○ ½ cup water
- ○ ½ cup sugar
- ○ 1 teaspoon sea salt (or kosher salt)
- ○ 2 tbsp milk or cream (at least 2%)
- For the Marshmallow:
- ○ 2 tbsp butter
- ○ 2 cups mini marshmallows
- The rest:
- ○ 2 ounces dark chocolate
- ○ ½ cup m&ms
- ○ ½ cup salted caramel almonds (or any sweet variety)
- ○ ½ cup reese’s minis
- ○ ⅓ cup rainbow sprinkles
- In a really big bowl toss together the popcorn, rice chex, and pretzels.
- To make the caramel, pour the water in a small saucepan. Pour the sugar right in the center in a pile (it will come above the surface of the water), and bring it to a simmer over medium high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and let the caramel cook for about 5 minutes, keeping a close eye on it. It will thicken and then turn that pretty amber color you recognize in caramel. Remove it immediately from the heat and place it in the sink. Stir in the milk or cream until smooth. It will fizz and bubble-just keep stirring.
- Drizzle the caramel over the popcorn mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle the popcorn with the salt.
- To make the marshmallow mixture, melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in the mini marshmallows and cook over medium heat, stirring almost constantly, until the marshmallows have melted. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and toss to coat.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle it over the popcorn. Toss again. You will have big chunks of snack mix stuck together. Don’t be afraid to break them apart. And definitely leave some stuck together!
- Once the caramel, marshmallows, and chocolate have cooled and set up, stir in the m&ms, salted caramel almonds, reese’s minis, and sprinkles.
- Store in an airtight container.
The Future is Now Dip
- 1- 15.5 oz can of pinto beans drained & rinsed
- 2- tomatoes, diced
- 1- Bell Pepper, seeded & diced
- 2- Cucumbers, diced
- 2- tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2- tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1- tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1- tsp ground cumin
- 1- Bag of tortilla chips
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving to let flavors blend together.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Makes: 12 to 16 servings
Easy to make
- 1 (6-ounce) package of lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups chilled pineapple juice
- 1 (2 liter) bottle chilled lemon-lime soft drink OR ginger ale
- 2 cups chilled vodka (optional)
- Pour the gelatin mix into a large bowl. Slowly stir in the boiling water. Stir at least 2 minutes, until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in the pineapple juice. Let cool to room temperature.
- Wearing heavy duty gloves or using tongs, place block of dry ice in the bottom of the cauldron. (dry ice will burn skin, so handle it with gloves and tongs and keep away from kids or pets)
- Use an ice pick to break the block into smaller chunks if necessary.
- Carefully pour the drink mixture into the punch bowl. Slowly add the chilled vodka and lemon-lime soda or ginger ale. Stir gently to mix.