Fourth of July Crafts and American Fruit Flag
Host of DelmarvaLife’s Facebook Live Show, Lauren Hitch, stops by the studio to get us in the patriotic spirit before the Fourth of July.
Lauren shows us how to make a couple of kids crafts, an American flag wreath using clothespins, and she shares a simple recipe using fruit and chocolate covered pretzels to make a flag.
Pom Pom American Flag Painting
- Pom poms
- Blue, red and white paint
- White paper
- Use the clothespin to pinch a pom pom
- Dip pom pom in different paint colors and stamp dots on the paper to make a flag
- Let the blue paint dry and add white dots to represent the stars
4th of July Clothespin Wreath
- 12 inch wreath frame
- 60 clothespins
- White foam sticker stars
- Red, white, and blue paint
- Paint brush
- Divide 60 clothespins into three separate piles – 15 blue, 23 red, 22 white
- Paint clothespins by hand using acrylic paint, or use spray paint
- Once clothespins are dry, stagger them on the wreath frame
- Add foam stars to blue clothespins and hang
- Toilet paper tubes
- Decorative Americana paper or makers/stickers to decorate tube
- 12 inch balloons
- Decorate your tubes however you’d like. We taped patriotic paper to ours.
- Cut a balloon in half and tie the end
- Wrap the larger end of the balloon over one end of a tube and secure with tape. Try your best to keep the balloon taut but don’t bend the tube.
- Cut some paper into confetti sized squares and fill your popper with a heavy pinch of confetti
- Point the tube out, bull back on the balloon, and let go.
Easy Flag Fruit Dessert
- Red fruit (we used watermelon, strawberries, and raspberries)
- White chocolate or yogurt covered pretzels
- Wash fresh fruit and dry
- Place a small bowl of blueberries on the top left
- Lay out fruit and pretzels to represent the flag stripes