Edible Easter Crafts with Turnbridge Point
We’re having some Easter fun in the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen.
Chef Steve Konopelski from Turnbridge Point in Denton shows us how to make edible Easter crafts.
- ¼ Cup (50g) liquid egg whites
- ¼ Cup plus 2 Tbsp (75g) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ Cup (150g) flaked sweetened coconut
- Dash vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Stir sugar and egg whites together until combined and sugar has begun to dissolve. Add vanilla and salt. Stir to combine. Stir in the coconut just until moistened.
- Scoop batter using a cookie scoop or spoonfuls and place on a silicone mat lined baking pan. Bake macaroons in preheated 300°F oven until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from pan. Bottoms may be dipped in melted chocolate.
- To make macaroon nest, make a thumb print in the center of the scooped cookie prior to baking. Once cooled, fill the cavity with melted chocolate and place 3 chocolate eggs or candy of choice inside the nest, allowing the chocolate to firm up.