Dyeing Easter Eggs Using Shaving Cream
It’s almost time for Easter which means parents are hard-boiling eggs, bringing out the dye and preparing to dye eggs for the holiday.
DelmarvaLife’s Facebook Live Host, Lauren Hitch, shows us a non-traditional way to color Easter eggs using shaving cream. She got the idea from Goodhousekeeping.com.
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Shaving cream
- Food coloring
- Baking sheet
- Rubber spatula
- Paper towels
- Rubber gloves
1. Fill your baking sheet with shaving cream until it’s about an inch thick, then smooth it out with a rubber spatula.
2. Drip food coloring onto the shaving cream. Don’t be afraid to be generous with the colors — the more you use, the brighter your eggs will be.
3. Use a toothpick to swirl and marble your food coloring droplets.
4. Pick up a hard-boiled egg — put on your gloves for this step! — and roll it in the shaving cream, coating it completely.
5. Carefully place the egg onto a paper towel and let it dry for about 20 minutes.
6. Wipe the shaving cream off with a clean paper towel to reveal your colorful marbled pattern.