DIY Fall Decor – Toilet Paper Roll Pumpkins, Sequin Polka Dot Pumpkins, and Candy Corn Yarn Letters
Many of us are decorating our homes for fall or maybe you’re home is already decked out with pumpkins and colorful faux leaves on the mantle.
WBOC’s Lauren Hitch shares a few DIY fall decor crafts with us that are pretty simple to make.
- Roll of toilet paper
- Fabric (1/4 yard)
- Plastic bags, tissue paper or newspaper
- Stick, cinnamon stick or rolled burlap
- Place the fabric print side down
- Place one bag on top of the fabric and then place the roll of toilet paper on top of the plastic bag. Start tucking the plastic bag into the roll.
- Flip the roll of tissue over and poke a hole on the opposite side.
- Start tucking the fabric into one side of the toilet paper roll.
- Tuck a stick into the toilet paper roll to make the stem of the pumpkin.
- Plastic or real pumpkin (white)
- Craft glue
- Apply the craft glue to the pumpkin in a circular motion
- Pat a few sequins in place once the glue is tacky.
- Let the sequins dry.
- White, yellow, and orange yarn
- Wooden letter
- Craft glue
- Apply craft glue to the backside of the letter. Glue about three inches and then start wrapping yarn.
- Once you finish a color about one-third of the way down the letter, change to the next color.
- Let dry.