Dijon Champagne Chicken and Mushroom Stir Fry, Raw Beet Salad: DelmarvaLife Facebook Live Recipe – June 6, 2017
The chef who beat Food Network’s Bobby Flay joins us on our Facebook Live show!
Robbie is a chef at Stone Balloon Ale House in Newark, Del. It has been about a year since Robbie beat Food Network’s Bobby Flay on his show “Beat Bobby Flay.” Robbie is no stranger to the DelmarvaLife kitchen and we are excited he is joining us on our Facebook Live show.
Robbie shows us how to make Dijon Champagne Chicken and Mushroom Stir Fry and Raw Whole Beet Salad. Check out Stone Balloon Ale House on Facebook.
Be sure to like and follow DelmarvaLife’s Facebook to get notifications when we are live.
Dijon Champagne Chicken and Mushroom Stir Fry with Butternut Squash Noodles
Yields 4 portions
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 2 ounces of rice flour
- ½ lb mixed sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 6 fl oz sparkling wine
- 1 lb butternut squash noodles
- 4 fl oz grapeseed oil
- 6 leaves of fresh basil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Pre heat a large saute pan on high heat. Start by cutting the chicken thighs into fork sized pieces and gently toss with the rice flour in a mixing bowl. Once the saute pan is heated, drizzle in half of the oil. Place the chicken in the pan to sear. We want the chicken to brown nicely and develop flavor so allow it to brown around the edges before flipping. Flip the chicken over and cook it the same amount of time on the second side, about 3 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan to a plate.
- Allow the pan a minute to reheat and add the mushrooms. The mushrooms will toast in the pan with little oil or moisture. Once they emit a nutty aroma, add the rest of the oil to the pan to finish the caramelization. Now add the butternut squash noodles and stir to allow the mushrooms and noodles to fully mix. Then add back the chicken thighs to the pan.
- Pour the champagne into the pan and allow it to reduce by half. Once the champagne has reduced, add the dijon and honey. Stir and cook until the butternut squash noodles are the desired consistency. Throw in the basil and serve.
Raw Whole Beet Salad with Dill Honey Dijon Vinaigrette and Goat Feta
- 1 pound beets
- 1 large shallot small diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard,
- 1 tablespoon of local honey
- 3 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- .25 oz minced fresh dill
- 3 oz goat fetaInstructions:
- Remove the tops from the beets and cut into 1 inch pieces removing the stems. Wash the tops in cool water and then dry either with a salad spinner or a damp towel. Peel the beets and the shallot. Using a mandolin, carefully grate the beets on the larger julienne blade into a bowl large enough to hold all of the ingredients. Small dice the shallot and place in a separate bowl with the dijon, apple cider vinegar, honey, and half of the dill. Using a whisk, vigorously whisk the honey mustard mixture while streaming in the grapeseed oil.
- Place the beet tops in the bowl with the grated beet. Add the dressing in thirds. Gently fold the dressing and beets together. You may choose not to use all the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning. Toss in the rest of the dill and the goat feta and serve.