Deviled Potatoes with Chef Sharliena Berry
Have you ever heard of deviled potatoes?
No, not eggs…potatoes! Chef Sharliena Berry is in the house to show us why you might want to add these to your holiday menu.
A crowd-pleasing appetizer!
- 10 baby white potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of oil (any kind)
- 1 cup of garbanzo beans drained
- 2/3 cup of vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried dill
- 1 teaspoon of sriracha
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of dill pickle relish
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- black pepper
- Coat potatoes in oil salt and pepper.
- Roast on 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until tender when poked with a knife.
- Allow potatoes to cool.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Use a melon baller or a small spoon to hollow out the middle of the potatoes.
- Save the innards of the potato for the filling.
- Set the hollowed potatoes aside.
- In a food processor add garbanzo beans, potato innards, mayo, mustard, turmeric, dried dill, sriracha, and black pepper.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Transfer filling to a bowl.
- Mix in capers, and relish.
- For an extra fancy presentation use a pastry bag fitted with an extra large open star tip to pipe the filling into each potato. You can also use a regular tablespoon to add the filling to each potato.
- Garnish with paprika, black pepper, capers, and dill.
- Serve chilled or room temperature.