DelmarvaLife Live Cooking: Seafood Arrabbiata – May 14, 2018
We made “angry pasta” on DelmarvaLife Live – but the dish actually left us, and our tummies, feeling happy!
Owner of DaVinci’s by the Sea, Vince Sapia, joins us in the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen to make Seafood Arrabbiata – which means angry pasta. The dish has a light sauce and a lot of seafood. DaVinci’s by the Sea is located in Ocean City, Md. and is open for dinner hours. Check out their Facebook page here.
- 4Tbs Olive Oil
- 3/4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb cleaned squid
- 1/2lb lobster tail meat
- 1/2c chopped onion
- 1/2 clove of carlic
- 1tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 2-14.5oz cans of diced tomatoes
- Fresh basil (optional)
- 1lb dried pasta
- Add 2 tsp to sauce pot with crushed red pepper flakes and onions and let stand on med low heat for 5 min or until oil appears to get a bit red and onions become translucent. Add garlic to taste. Drain the diced tomatoes and add to the pot bring to med high until mixture is hot. Once mixture is hot reduce to a low simmer for about 20 minutes.
- While sauce cooks add EVOO to a saute pan on med high heat saute shrimp, lobster and cut squid. Cook until done and add to the sauce for the last 5 min. Add chopped basil and salt to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with Arrabbiata and seafood mixture.
- Serve on a large serving platter with some fresh baked Italian Bread.