Cuban Sandwiches with Southgate Grill
We’re making cuban sandwiches in the DelmarvaLife kitchen.
Chef and Owner of Southgate Grill, Gray Reeves, shows us how it’s done.
– Hoagie Roll
– 1 Tablespoons of Spicy Mustard
– 4 Slices of Baked Ham Thinly Sliced (about 4oz)
– 4oz of Slow Roasted Pulled Pork
– 4 Slices of Dill Pickle
– Swiss Cheese 2 Slices
– 1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
– Heat skillet or griddle to Medium High (about 350 – 375 degrees)
– While the griddle is heating prepare your ingredients. Cut slices of cheese in half. Cut the roll lengthwise. Brush the cut sides with melted butter. Place the insides of the roll face down on grill surface, brush outside with butter.
– Place Ham and Pork on grill to heat.
– While meats are heating, flip bread.
– Spread spicy mustard onto both pieces of bread.
– Layer Swiss cheese onto both pieces of bread.
– Remove both pieces of roll onto work surface.
– Place pickle slices onto bottom piece of bread.
– Layer ham slices on top of pickles.
– Place pork on top of ham.
– Complete by placing top half of roll on to sandwich.
– Return sandwich to grill surface.
– Press with grill weight until cheese is melted, outside is golden browned and crispy.