Crabbie Eggs Benedict, Cuban Sandwich, Asparagus Soup with Crab, Cranberry Crab Cakes and Rainbow Smith Island Cake with Two If By Sea
We’ve got a full menu of delicious dishes!
Chef Henry Miller with Two If By Sea Restaurant in Tilghman, MD joins us to make crabbie eggs Benedict, a Cuban sandwich, cranberry crab cakes, French asparagus soup with crab and rainbow Smith Island Cake.
The restaurant is open for breakfast every day of the week and lunch some days too. They also cater! Follow Two If By Sea’s Facebook page here.
Two if by Sea’s Crabbie Eggs Benedict
- 1 cup Crabmeat
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Old Bay
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon dried Chives
- 4 English Muffins
- 8 eggs
1. In medium bowl, combine crabmeat, mozzarella, mayonnaise, old bay, parsley and chives; mix well.
2. Toast English Muffins.
3. Spread with crabmeat mixture.
4. Place under the broiler to melt cheese
5. Place on serving plate
6. In medium skillet, bring 2 Tablespoons vinegar and 1 quart water to a simmer over medium heat.
7. Add eggs, simmer low for 3 minutes
8. With slotted spoon remove, place on each English muffin
9. Top with Hollandaise and a sprinkle of old bay
o 3 egg yolks
o 1 tablespoon cold water
o 16 tablespoons chilled butter, finely diced
o salt, to taste
o cayenne, to taste
o freshly-ground white pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Prepare Hollandaise Sauce:
2. In the bottom of a double boiler, bring water to a boil and then reduce the heat to keep it just below the simmering point.
3. In the top of the double boiler, add egg yolks and 1 tablespoon cold water.
4. With a whisk, beat the egg yolks and combine them with water.
5. Continue to whisk until they are creamy.
6. Add a handful of chilled butter cubes to the pan and whisk until the butter is absorbed into the egg mixture.
7. Add remaining cubes, a few at a time until all the butter is absorbed into the mixture.
8. Continue whisking the sauce until the sauce is thick and creamy, about 10 minutes.
9. Season to taste with white pepper, pinch of cayenne and salt.
10. Finish off the sauce with a few drops of fresh lemon juice.
11. Keep warm over double boiled until ready to use.
Two if by Sea’s Cranberry Crab Cakes
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat, flaked
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. In a medium bowl, toss crab with 1/4 cup bread crumbs and cheese, yogurt, green onions, parsley, lemon juice, garlic and cranberries.
2. Gently stir in beaten egg. Form mixture into 12 (3-inch) patties.
3. Spread remaining bread crumbs on a sheet of waxed paper.
4. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Pan sear patties until crispy, turning over half way through.
6. Serve hot on a bed of lettuce, with lemon wedges and Cranberry Relish
- 1 lb cranberries
- 1 Seedless orange, Chopped
- ½ cup sugar
1. Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse till finely chopped
2. Chill in refrigerator 2 hours, stir occasionally
3. Serve with Crab cakes
Two if by Sea’s Cuban Sandwich
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Chili Powder
- 1 (2 lb) boneless center cut pork loin roast
- Cuban roll
- sliced dill pickle
- 1 lb pulled cooked pork
- 1 lb thinly sliced good-quality ham 1
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced mild swiss cheese
- yellow mustard
1. Preheat oven to 300°; place pork in a roasting pan.
2. Sprinkle seasonings over pork. Cover with foil
3. Roast 8 hours
4. Remove pork from oven and let rest for at least 20 minutes before pulling the meat.
5. To make the sandwiches: Spread mustard on both sides of the rolls
6. Generously layer sandwiches with filling ingredients in the following order:, roasted pork, cheese, ham, cheese and pickles.
7. Slice each sandwich in half diagonally and serve.
French Asparagus Soup with Crab
- 3 lbs fresh asparagus (trimmed of woody ends & cut in 1-in pieces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 8 ounces white crab meat
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over med-high heat. Add asparagus & cook 5-6 min, stirring freq till the asparagus is bright green but not browned.
2. Add stock & bring to a boil over high heat, skimming off any foam that rises to the surface. Simmer over med-heat for 2- 4 min till the asparagus is tender, but crisp.
3. Reserve 16-18 asparagus tips for garnishing. Season to taste w/salt & pepper, cover & continue cooking for about 15-20 min till asparagus is very tender.
4. Puree the soup using a Stick blender. bring to a boil over med-high heat. Blend cornstarch w/2-3 tbsp cold water & whisk into the boliing soup to thicken. Then gradually stir in the cream, adjust seasonings to taste & serve immediately as below.
5. *To Serve* ~ Ladle soup into bowls & top w/2 oz crab meat + a few of the reserved asparagus tips. ~~ The # of servings or serving size was not given, so I estimated 4 bowl size servings or 6 cup size servings.
Rainbow Smith Island Cake
You will need 7 9 inch cake pans for this recipe.
Don’t forget… the more layers.. the more you love them!!
It has to be an odd number of layers
For the cake:
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into chunks and softened
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Zest of 1 small orange
- 1/2 cup water
- Rainbow food coloring, red, pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple
1. Using an electric mixer, cream sugar and butter together on low speed. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Sift flour, salt and baking powder together and add to eggs, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
2. Combine milk, orange zest and water, with mixer running, add to batter and mix just until liquids incorporated into batter.
3. Divide batter into 7 bowls. Add food coloring and mix till bright. Spray pans well with non stick spray. Pour batter into pans and spread evenly.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Tap each pan and turn out onto parchment sheets. Let cool.
- 1 pound butter
- 5 cups confectionary sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or any flavor you like
1. Whip butter till soft
2. Add confectionary sugar and vanilla
3. Whip on low till sugar is combined. Then whip at medium speed till fluffy.
- Place purple cooled layer on large cake plate. Spread blue layer with icing and flip onto first. Lining them up evenly.
- Repeat process with green, yellow, orange, pink, and red. Generously frost top and sides of cake.
- Let chill and set for 1 hour
- Don’t tell anyone it’s a rainbow cake. Watch their reactions when you cut it. Enjoy!