Corn & Crab Roasted Oysters with Chesapeake & Maine
National Oyster Day is August 5!
We invited Chef Kyle Rhodes from Chesapeake and Maine in Rehoboth Beach to help us celebrate. He’s making a corn and crab roasted oyster.
Corn & Crab Roasted Oysters
Yield: 36 Oysters
- 36 Ea Favorite Oysters
- 2 Ea Fifer Corn
- 1 Ea Jalopeno (Small Dice)
- ½ Ea Red Onion (Small Dice)
- 10 Ea Baywater Cherry Tomatoes (Cut into Quarters)
- ½ Bu *Cilantro (chopped fine)
- 2 Ea Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 36 Ea Jumbo Lump Crab Nuckles
- ½ C Corn Lime Broth
1. Pre heat oven to low broil
2. While oven is preheating shuck corn and cut kernals off the ear.
(Hint: place ears of corn in a large bowl and cut into that so corn
doesn’t run all over the house.)
3. Cut remaining vegetables and place in bowl and mix together well.
4. Season to taste
5. Shuck Oysters and place on a baking pan with aluminum foil
6. Top each oyster with a helping of the salsa and place one piece of crab on
there as well.
7. Place in oven and broil for 5 to 8 minutes
8. Remove from oven and place 1oz of corn lime broth on top of each oyster
9. Garnish with Cilantro leaves
10. Most importantly ENJOY!
Corn Lime Broth
- ½ G Veg Stock
- ½ C Heavy Cream
- 2 Ea Corn (No Kernals)
- 2 Ea Limes Zested
1. Place veg stock, heavy cream and corn into a pot and bring to a low simmer for about 30 minutes
2. Remove corn
3. Place zest in pot and reduce by half
4. Strain through a fine mesh strainer
5. Season to taste
6. Cool and reserve for later use