Consumer Guide to Long Term Care
The Maryland Health Care Commission Consumer Guide to Long Term Care is a resource which helps you find services you can receive in your home or community, including information for working caregivers.
The Consumer Guide to Long Term Care is a resource which helps you find services you can receive in your home or community such as;
- Skilled Nursing care
- Rehabilitation services (physical and speech therapy)
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
- Housekeeping and chores
- Meal preparation and many more
Long Term Care Quick Links
- Area Agencies for Aging
- Bill of Rights for Nursing Home Residents
- Medicare and You
- Maryland County Resources
- Office of Health Care Quality (OHCQ)
- Transportation Assistance
- Waiver Services in Maryland
- Checklist to select a Nursing Home – Use if you are able to visit several nursing homes prior to placing a loved one in a nursing home.
- Checklist select a Nursing Home – Immediate Need – Use if you have an urgent need to place a loved one in a nursing home, for instance after a hospital stay or for rehabilitation purposes.