Cocktails and Shrimp Carbonara with Lefty’s Alley and Eats
Need something to take the edge off? We’ve got a few cocktails and a great pasta dish to help do just that.
Pete Good, the restaurant manager at Lefty’s Alley and Eats in Lewes, Del., joins us to show us how to make four cocktails. Chef Jamie Hopkins also joins us to make shrimp carbonara.
Lefty’s Grape Gatorade
- 2 oz. Pinnacle Grape Vodka
- 2 oz. Sprite
- 2 oz. Blue Curacao
- 1/2 oz. Grenadine
- 3 oz. Pinnacle Blueberry Vodka
- 1 oz. Blue Curacao
- 2 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 2.5 oz. Bombay Sapphire
- 1/2 oz. St. Germaine
- 1.5 oz. Sprite
- 1 oz. Malibu Coconut
- 1 oz. Pinnacle Vanilla Vodka
- 1 oz. Godiva
- 1 oz. Orange Juice
- 1/2 oz. House Made Sour
- 1/2 oz. Sprite
- 12 inch frying pan
- small sauce pot
- pair of tongs
- rubber spatula
- medium mixing bowl
- medium cutting board
- chef’s knife
- pasta roller attachment 3 pack
- 3 strips of bacon diced
- 3 leaves of basil chiffonade
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 125 grams all purpose flour
- 98 grams of egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons tomato flour
- Add the flour to a table top mixer with the dough hook attached
- Add tomato flour and egg yolks, mix on medium speed until well combined into a ball
- Hand roll the dough until it is about 1/8 of an inch thick
- Attach the roller to the mixer and feed the dough through the #1 setting. Place the dough on the table and dock it.
- Run through the #1 again and chance the setting to #2 and run the dough through again. Repeat this process on settings 3, 4 and 5.
- Once the dough is at the desired thickness, chance the attachment on the mixer to the cutter attachment.
- Run the dough through the cutter attachment to achieve your noodles.
- Cook your pasta for approximately three minutes.
- On medium high heat, heat a tablespoon of olive oil, add bacon and shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp on both sides until 3/4 of the way done. The bacon will brown in the process.
- Add your seasonings as well as the basil and cook for one minute.
- Add the egg, but do not let the egg scramble. At this point, you should have a creamy consistency.
- Add the heavy cream and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce, plate and enjoy.