Chocolate Dipped Strawberry French Toast with Turnbridge Point
Five words for you – Chocolate Dipped Strawberry French Toast.
Baked French Toast
- 6 medium sized Croissants, Chocolate Croissants or Brioche
- 2 ½ Cups half and half
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- Sugar and Cinnamon Sugar for dusting
- Combine half and half, eggs, maple syrup and salt in a bowl or measuring cup.
- Whisk well to combine.
- Break or cut croissants into bite sized pieces.
- Combine croissants and liquid ingredients in medium sized container with tight fitting lid. Chill overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Brush 6 individual ramekins, or one 8” baking dish with butter. Coat in granulated sugar.
- Divide bread mixture evenly between ramekins. Some liquid will remain in the bottom of your container. This is fine, or you may pour the liquid over each of the ramekins. Cover and chill for minimum of 2 hours or overnight is best.
- Sprinkle the top of each ramekin with cinnamon sugar before baking.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and set.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. French toast may be unmolded if desired. Serve with maple syrup or your favorite fruit.
- 1 pint of fresh, ripe strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- Zest of half an orange
- 3 or 4 mint leaves, chiffonaded
- Pinch of black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and gently toss.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for about 5-10 mins to macerate.
- Serve with French toast or as a topping for Strawberry Short Cake