Chicken Artichoke Pasta Bake and Coconut Lime Macaroons with Laura Davis of Tide and Thyme
Call her the comfort food queen!
Food Blogger Laura Davis of Tide and Thyme knows how to put together a comfort food dish, and she’s here to share it with all of us. Today we’re making her Chicken Artichoke Pasta Bake. We’re also making Coconut Lime Macaroons.
Chicken Artichoke Pasta Bake
- 16 oz rigatoni pasta
- 1 batch Alfredo sauce (or 1 jar of your favorite store-bought brand)
- 3 cups cooked chicken, roughly chopped or shredded
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (14 oz) can water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 oz whole-milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Boil a large pot of water and season with 1 Tbsp salt. Add pasta and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and return back to large pot.
- Add the sauce, chicken, spinach, artichokes, 1 tsp salt, and black pepper to the pasta. Stir to combine. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Pour half of the pasta into the bottom of the baking dish. Top with half of the mozzarella and half of the Parmesan. Add the remaining pasta and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and turn on broiler. Remove foil and place pasta under broiler for about 3 minutes or so, until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Coconut Lime Macaroons
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract 1
- (14 oz) bag sweetened shredded coconut zest
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of lime
- pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites and sugar until combined and nice and frothy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the almond extract coconut, lime zest, lime juice and salt. Mix to combine well.
- Using a large cookie scoop (2 Tbsp) pack the mixture into the scoop, leveling off. Place on baking sheet. They won’t spread, so no worries on spacing issues.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.