Caramel Soaked French Toast with Laurie Webb from Trinity UMC
We are in the DelmarvaLife kitchen making a caramel-soaked french toast with Laurie Webb from Trinity United Methodist Church in Salisbury.
Caramel Soaked French Toast
- 1.5 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 T. light corn syrup
- 10 (1 3/4 inch thick) slices french toast bread
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2.5 cups half & half
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 T. sugar
- 1.5 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Combine brown sugar, butter and light corn syrup in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- Pour syrup into a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2 basking dish.
- Arrange bread slices over syrup.
- Combine eggs, half & half, vanilla and salt in mixing bowl. Stir Well.
- Gradually pour mixture over bread.
- Cover and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Combine Sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over soaked bread.
- Drizzle melted butter on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.